Saturday, March 8, 2014

Nom Nom Yummy Kale!

Get your nosh on!
One way I make sure I GET full and STAY full at meals is hy having at least one tasty almost guilt free item that I can eat my fill of.  My son loves Kale Chips, and I will post about those next time I make them, but here I have for you MY favorite way to enjoy kale.

Tomatoe Garlic Kale

You will need:
Kale (A big bag or a few bunches)
A few pieces of turkey bacon
Boullion or Better then Boullion or Stock
Can of Tomatoes
Garlic
Red Onion


Chop up a few pieces of turkey bacon and brown them in a pot.
Once they are browned add a can of diced tomatoes, a can of water and a couple ofntsp of better than boullion or replace the can of water with a cup or two of chicken broth.  Add chopped garlic to taste.
Add a full bag of kale.  If you are using bunched kale, rinse it, remove large ribs and chop it before adding.  Cover it and simmer at least 25 min.
Serve and ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment