Saturday, March 22, 2014

Coconut Oil? HUH?

I had NEVER heard of such a thing!  But when I read how BAD hydrogenated vegetable oils are for you, I decided to give it a go.
I switched from margerine to butter and vegetable oil to cocount.
When I opened the jar it smelled ever so mildly of cococunt.  So far I have used to to cook scrambled eggs, zucchini and salmon burgers.  It has virtually no flavor and browns food nicely!
It is pricey.  This jar was about $6.50.  But, since I am not eating much fat nowadays, I can splurge on the fats I do eat!
It is solid with a consistency much like butter or shortening, and it dissolves easily into a liquid when heated.  It requires no refrigeration and should be stored in a cool dark place.
So far, I am a fan!

Want more info on vegetable oils?  Click he re you doubting Mustafa! 
 

2 comments: