Thursday, February 27, 2014

Get Active! Healthy Park Picnic

These smiles are my motivation!  Ignore the Cheetos, I ate nary a one.  I took PB and J for the kids along with reduced sugar Capri Suns and home made whole wheat banana carrot ginger walnut muffins.  YES I will post the recipe later!  For myself, I brought left over grilled shishkebabs and happily ate them cold.

After letting the kids play, I dragged them on a 3 mile walk to a lake where we meant to feed the ducks, but mainly just dodged aggressive screaming sea gulls.  They still loved it.

Get outside!  Instead of parking it on the couch...pick a day to park it at the park! 

If you don't have kids of your own to run you ragged, borrow some from a friend.  As an added bonus they will OWE you one for giving them a break.   And theres no cuter drill sergeant than an impatient toddler screetching at you to push them, take them off the swing, help them down the slide NO THEY WONT GO DOWN come up and GET THEM chase them away from the street GET MY JUICE pick me up....aaaaarrrrrggggghhhh.  They will WORK your muscles.  And your nerves.

No comments:

Post a Comment