Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Indoor Contact Grill - I Love You SO!

I have become a grilling addict - the more it rains, the more I defy all logic and crank up the grill!

Grilling imparts a GREAT flavor to your food and cooks it without a ton of additional calories.  AND it switches up the monotony of baked chicken breasts and steamed veggies!  I'm a variety kind of gal!

THIS - is my dream grill.  The Mecca of my grilling madness.  The Cherry on my shishkebab sunday.  The...you get the idea.  I WANTSIES!






You can get one here on Amazon:  I HATE YOU IF YOU GET ONE BEFORE ME!

*sigh*

It is...dreamy.  Mmmm.

OK - so, right now I am using an indoor contact grill that is less than ideal.  I myself have yet to have a problem with it, but it is not a well rated machine.  I DO know that it uses so much energy that it trips the breaker in my vintage home if I use it while the lights are on.  BLINK.  Regardless - I love it, even if I must do it by candlelight.

PLEASE get one if you can - even if you have to get a less expensive version ( I won't lie, I snagged mine at Goodwill for a whopping $8.00).  Even the Griddler shown above comes in a less bells and whistles version that is more economical.  The Griddler pictured works as a grill, open planchette grill, panini press, top melt and I think it irons your husbands shirts.  Well, maybe not, but it should.

Mine is ONLY a grill, and for now that suits me just fine.

HERE ARE JUST A FEW IDEAS FOR YOUR NEW BETTER NOT BE MY DREAM GRIDDLER INDOOR CONTACT GRILL:

Turkey Burgers
Salmon Burgers (I will be writing a WHOLE article about these - from Costco - AMAZING)
Chicken, lean steak or shrimp Shishkebabs
Chicken or lean steak for Tacos/Burritos
Chicken and Vegetables for Fajitas
Grilled Zucchini
Grilled Asparagas
Grilled Fish: Salmon, Steel Head Trout and Tilapia
Grilled mushrooms
GRILLED ONIONS - OMG YUM
I have HEARD Grilled Endive is good - I will test it out and let you know!
Grilled Marinated Chicken, Shrimp or lean beef/pork
Grilled Portobello Mushrooms - as a side or to replace a burger!

And - think of the dessert possibilities too!
Grilled Pineapple
Grilled Peaches

WHAT ELSE?!?

I am having SO much fun finding new things to shove in my grill.  POW!  Give me some ideas to test out!

No comments:

Post a Comment