Wednesday, April 30, 2014

I ATE ICE CREAM! Well, Not Really.

I am in love.  If you have never tried this and you are super skeptical, good.  I challenge you to try it ONCE.

Faux Banana Ice Cream

TRY IT.

I always have spare ripe bananas around - I have kids.  Sometimes they love the bananas, and sometimes they let them sit and refuse to eat them.  Sometimes, I just buy too much for my unpredictable clan.  Also, I often use just half a banana in oatmeal or cereal and I don't want the additional calories of the other half of a banana when I don't really WANT it.  SO - I started a freezer bad for bananas.  I use my over ripe bananas sometimes for my banana carrot walnut whole wheat ginger muffins, but when I don't feel like baking or have time for baking or already have muffins frozen, I take my bananas and break them in half or quarters and throw them in a freezer bag in the freezer.  If I use just half of a banana - pop into the bag.

Eventually, I end up with a nice collection of frozen bananas in a bag.



THIS IS SO EASY - take those frozen bananas and toss them in a food processor or blender.  Use a dribble of milk or some plain yogurt to get them moving in there.  BE PATIENT - they will take a while to blenderize.  Keep opening, stirring/moving them until they get smooth.  If you add too much milk you will get a more soft serve ice cream, but it will still be DELICIOUS!


Now, taste.  It is amazing, no?  CREAMY and sweet - and so cold and tasty.  It is JUST like ice cream!  Now, if it isn't quite sweet enough for you, add a little honey or sugar or splenda.  Whatever you like.  Or try adding some chocolate protein powder or chopped walnuts or cinnamon...whatever floats your boat!

This is a super tasty indulgent HEALTHY treat that you can enjoy alone, or with your family.  GUILT FREE!

No comments:

Post a Comment